Saturday, October 21, 2006

WORLD SERIES POST!

It's a rematch of 1968, when Mickey Lolich and Denny McLain beat Gibby and the Cards in a 7-game classic.

I can actually enjoy this Series. 2004 was a Series of conflicted emotions, for reasons that some know and few care about now.

Kid Reyes will start Game 1 against Tigers rookie Justin "Where the heck is Verland?" Verlander. Game 2 brings us Jeff "Dream" Weaver on short rest, with Game 3 featuring Chris Carpenter and Jeff "NLCS MVP" Suppan in Game 4.

My stab at a Game 1 lineup:

Eck, SS
Spiezio, DH
Pujols, 1B
Edmonds, CF
Encarnacion, RF
Rolen, 3B
Duncan, LF
Molina, C
Belly, 2B

Having the DH means that potentially, Pujols could hit but give way to Duncan or Spiezio at 1B to rest the strained hammy. It's not a move I'd be thrilled with, because El Hombre's defense is probably better than Skillet's or The Imperiale's.

The schedule goes Sat-Sun-Tue-Wed-Thu-Sat-Sun, so I will see at least 3 games, and potentially 5. If the Cardinals can clinch on Thursday, I might be enticed into changing my work schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home